Thursday, September 1, 2011

Joining a Gym and other expensive things...

Well, I joined the 24hour Fitness by my house, it's a Super Sport, which means it was expensive. I luckily get a corporate discount from the weight loss center I work at. Yup, I work at a weight loss center. NO I'M NOT ON THE PLAN, but it's a fairly easy and effective plan for people who need that kind of help, And I have no qualms with helping people. In fact I really want to get my Mom on the plan. Anyways, I am also considering joining a tiny little private gym next door to work that is only $18/month and has personal training for $25/session. The guy in there actually had a pretty good idea for me, since he does not specialize in competition training. He said rather than see a hardcore Competition trainer every week, go to them every 3wks or so, get the workout plan, get the supplement plan, and then bring the workout plan to him and he would make me follow it. This sounds to me like a cost effective way to begin my journey. We could call it the prep for the competition prep! Then, once I've re-comped my body, and have a little savings, I can reach out to someone like this guy to do my final 12week competition prep. There is also a trainer at 24hr who works with competition prep for $50/session. I need to figure out what the best route for me would be.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the guy at the little gym to kinda do a fitness eval and training intro, and then I have an appointment Sunday with the girl at 24 to do pretty much the same thing. After that I'm going to do an eval with my bank account, my budget, and my schedule. Finally, after crunchy options and numbers and smooshing my braincells in ways that meatheads usually can't imagine... I will probably just ask someone else what to do... or make up my damn mind.


Either way, I'm going to do this. No ifs, ands, or butts. 





I also want to add that all workout plans should involve stairmasters and rowing machines. PERIOD. They do amazing things for your endurance, your body, and the stares of the people around you!!!!  BUTT, THIGHS, ABS, BACK, SHOULDERS, LATS, AND ARMS. Seriously, try doing both in one day, even if it's just 10min each! You will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment