Sunday, August 28, 2011

This is What I'm Eating


Sometimes I wonder if I am doing this right, the Diet portion of my chosen lifestyle... So I posted the following in the Women's Forum of BodyBuilding.com. Hopefully I get some decent feedback. 




Cut and Paste from my Forum Post:




Hey so although I wish I had a trainer/nutritionist, i don't know how to find a good one, and i've been trying to eat healthy on my own. I think i'm doing okay... I have celiacs and I am kinda broke so I do the best I can. Here's my break down...

weight: 131lbs
height: 5'6"

supplements: l-glutamine, glucosamine, Now Foods b12 energy packets w/ creatine, biotin, and a Multivitamin. I occasionally use Jack3d when i'm having a tough time motivating myself, but never more than one scoop and barely 3 times a week. I also use trader joe's Fast dissolve Chocolate Whey powder (because it is only $10) and a Designer Whey french vanilla (also from trader joes, only $11, it's more expensive elsewhere but it's gluten free) I think they sell it at the vitamin shoppe also. i'm a newb so i can't link, but when i googled designer whey french vanilla it came right up.

generally for breakfast I have either an egg white omelet (non fat cooking spray, 3 egg whites, 1 full egg, 1/2 cup of chopped spinach, 1/8 cup of fat free cottage cheese, a little garlic for flavor, and topped with a sprinkling of low fat grated Parmesan

or 2/3rd cups of strawberry greek yogurt (0% fat) mixed with 1/8th cup of gluten free cinnamon raisin granola, a scoop of vanilla whey protein, and 6 raw almonds. 

about an hour later i have either 1 serving of the vanilla whey in 6oz of rice milk or 2 scoops (1 serving) of chocolate whey in black coffee. 

around lunch time i eat a tablespoon of low fat peanut butter, 12 almonds, a slice of cheese (small slice about the size of one of those precut cracker barrel snack sizes, usually fontina or low moisture skim mozzerella, helps with cravings) and salad (ice berg lettuce, regular dinner bowl, either salsa or low fat vinaigrette dressing)
or 3 oz of chicken, seasoned with either old bay or lemon pepper, cooked with fat free cooking spray, and always a salad or 2/3 cup of either peas or broccoli, and 5/8ths cup of steamed rice, and 12 almonds

around 3 or 4pm, usually after i work out, i either have a muscle milk or I make a protein shake (1 tablespoon low fat pb, 1 serving vanilla whey, 1/2 serving chocolate whey, 3oz rice milk, 5 oz water) and if i am not working out I have a small orange or banana and a half a glass of rice milk.

dinner is usually about 3 oz chicken or fish, a cup of either broccoli, green beans or peas (or a salad) and 2/3cup of either rice, gluten free pasta, or potato

if i'm still hungry later in the evening i have 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese or maybe some almonds or cashews... and i do occasionally cheat and have a little ice cream or popcorn or some chips (bad me!) but i try to keep it minimal. I'm noticing i am usually still hungry in the evenings, i've caught myself attacking my pb around 8 to 9pm... and i'm trying to figure out why?! 

i haven't been super diligent about working out, I try to keep active every day, and i do situps and lunges and use my weights at home to soreness probably about 4 days a week, and I try to keep my rest times low and my heart rate up to keep my endurance, but i barely go running anymore, maybe twice a week. i do stairs also when i run, and when I just work out at home I do a lot of squats and steps on my kitchen step stool haha so i mean i get a decent burn going now and then, but at home i average about 40min to an hour and a half of weights, resistance work, and when i run or bike I do about 20mins. I need to join a gym soon! 

Anyways... why am I still so hungry? ghaaa i feel like i'm always eating!









~End Post~


 I really need to find  a Nutritionist and a Trainer so I can really get some input. I just have no idea where to start, and no money just yet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment