Thursday, August 11, 2011

oh my gross...

So these fitness people... they eat weird things, right? So do I. I recently was on a forum where everyone was discussing their favorite ways to make cottage cheese taste better. I love cottage cheese, and I think it tastes great with just a little black pepper swirled in, but I am always up for trying new things. I recently found some Gluten Free** whey protein at my local Trader Joe's, Vanilla flavored. I took a half scoop of this, a packet of stevia, a little rice milk to help dissolve, and some cottage cheese, and mixed it in a bowl. I also added some Gluten Free granola with raisins and smooshed it all together. It certainly looked interesting... like vomit, and smelled like... diabetes. It smelled so so SO so sweet and vanilla-ful. It was like... candy vomit, and it was GOOD FOR ME.
   Did I mention I have a weird relationship with sweets? I love Jello, Ice Cream, Chocolate, Sour Patch Kids, Red Bull, and anything Reese's. I hate Colas, I hate jellies, I hate candied fruit, I hate sweet potatoes, I LOATHE sweet potatoes... I don't like pop tarts, I don't like barbeque sauce, I hate that dish people make with the cinnamon sugar carrots. I don't like sweet chinese food like orange chicken. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if it isn't candy, I don't want it to taste like candy. I don't like my breakfast to be sweet unless it's a damn donut, and I can't even eat donuts. If it isn't a pastry, a dessert, or an energy drink, please don't expect me to eat it. I mean, even the chocolate I like is "salty-sweet" with caramel or peanut butter. I only eat straight chocolate on certain days of the month if-u-kno-wut-i-mean.

So here i am, staring down this vanilla flavored monstrosity...

with raisins...

 ...knowing that no matter what it tastes like, I HAVE TO EAT IT.

   Why? Because I am pretty much broke, and buying whey powder is a splurge, and there are starving kids somewhere that would love to have vanilla mush cottage cheese with oats and raisins, lightly chilled and chock full of good for you. So I ate it, and it tasted like something a normal person would have liked. It tasted like candy, and had crunchy bits and good texture...


and I hated it.

But you can try it out for yourself if you want! I mean, if that's your thing. I will go back to my lightly peppered cottage cheesed with roasted half the sodium almonds and olives. and I just might dump salt on top of all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment