Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Recipe!

Gluten Free, Low Fat, High Protein Biscuits!


So, here's what you need:

1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup chocolate whey protein powder
2 Egg Whites
12 Almonds, crushed
1 Tbsp dried cranberries
1/8 cup rice milk

Essentially, you just dump everything into the mixing bowl and stir, stir stir. Only add the rice milk if the batter is too thick. It should look something like thick cake batter. I added the Cranberries and Almonds after everything else was mixed. I preheat the oven to 350F and sprayed a cookie sheet with fat free Pam. Once that was all set, in another mixing bowl I mixed 1/4 teaspoon of powdered sugar, a pinch of cocoa powder, and I guess two pinches of of cinnamon. I then dolloped the batter onto the cookie sheet, about a tablespoon and a half per biscuit, making 6... well... I wasn't very exact actually, hence the various sizes. I then sprinkled the Cocoa/sugar/cinnamon on top of the biscuits and baked them for about 15min, or until the edges were browned. 


I just ate one. It was pretty good, now granted, that's for a Low-fat-gluten free-high protein biscuit. I wouldn't serve them as cookies to 5yr olds or my persnickety butter loving boyfriend, but I'd definitely keep them around as a handy desert, tea biscuit, snack, or breakfast. I bet they'd be delightful with strawberries or greek yogurt!  Anyways, that was my project for today! I can't really tell you the calories or nutrition values, that all depends on what kind of whey you use, what brand of rice milk etc etc etc, but these are definitely better for you than an egg mcmuffin... OH! They'd probably be good with an egg tooo!

If I get fat trying all of this stuff, remember, it's in the name of fitness!


Oh Oh Oh! THEY PROBABLY WORK BETTER IN A CUPCAKE TIN... but I don't own one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment